Pages

Thursday 13 May 2021

Naomi Punctuation worksheet

 What is a full stop and when does it get used?

At the end of a sentence. Also between letters. For example, V.i.p.  



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a full stop.

  • (Sentence 1) I need to go to the toilet.

  • (Sentence 2) I went to the shops to buy candy. 

  • (Sentence 3) I went into the kitchen to get a snack.


What is a question mark and when does it get used?

You use it when you are asking a question, for example. When is your birthday?  



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark.

  • (Sentence 1) When is your birthday?

  • (Sentence 2) Where are you going?

  • (Sentence 3) Do you want to come to the shops with me?


What is a speech mark and when does it get used?

You use speech marks prop- for taking, for example. “Come here,” said Miss Tuia. 



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a speech mark.

  • (Sentence 1) “Come here” said Miss Tuia.

  • (Sentence 2) “stop talking loud” said Miss Tuia.

  • (Sentence 3) “Do you want to stay in at lunch and miss Training” said Miss Tuia.


What is a comma and when does it get used?

You use a comma to either take a breath, for example. 



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma.

  • (Sentence 1) I need to go to the toilet real quick, can you look after my stuff while i'm gone.

  • (Sentence 2) I am super hungry, I am going to get a snack from the fridge.

  • (Sentence 3) I am super tired, I am going to have a rest.



What is an exclamation point and when does it get used?

You can use exclamation points when you either shout out, or maybe be excited!



Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a exclamation point.

  • (Sentence 1) I am super excited to go to rainbow ends!

  • (Sentence 2) I am super excited to see my cousins! 

  • (Sentence 3) I am super excited to see my nana! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.